Saturday, July 16, 2011

Embroidery

I finally bought a backup lab coat. I took this as an opportunity to work on a project I had been putting off for some time. I've wanted for a while now to embroider my Hebrew name (Shoshanah) onto my lab coat pocket.
This is partly for show, and partly just to make it easier to find my lab coat amongst all the others. Also it seemed like a fun excuse to teach myself to embroider.

I still have to erase the pencil marks. 

 Modeling the coat.




I think it turned out alright. Keep in mind, this is my first ever attempt at embroidery. Now my mom is all excited and wants me to learn more advanced sewing skills... We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. How does Amanda become Shoshana?. I used to embroider and cross stitch. I forgot how surprisingly relaxing it can be!. But I digress; you look adorable<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda does not translate to Shoshana. Hebrew names are totally separate from English names - it's just a separate name that you get in a ceremony 8 days after you're born. Shoshana translates to rose, and it's just as common a name in Israel as Amanda is here. I'm boring, no matter where I go!!

    Yeah, I found embroidery to be really relaxing. Hard on my neck, though. And thanks! ^_^

    ReplyDelete