Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Dad Came to Visit! On Our 3-Year Dating Anniversary!

It was a coincidence, but it ended up working out really nicely. I know I said I was going to cook for my dad, but our plans changed back and forth multiple times. In any case, we ended up going to a restaurant downtown called Fogo de Chao. It's a Brazillian steakhouse, where your first course is a salad bar, and the rest of the meal consists of waiters coming to your table with various cuts of meat, wonderfully displayed on... well... basically, swords. Anyway, everything was delicious and we had a great time. Photo dump!





Honestly, it was great to just hang out with my dad and catch up. It was relaxing and fun, we talked about everything and nothing - and I was reminded that Brandon gets along great with my family, which (WARNING: MUSHY STUFF) really warms my heart. It was so nice of my dad to take us out somewhere nice for our dating anniversary. And: if you love red meat, if you ever get the chance, try a Brazillian steakhouse. It's a really cool experience (not to mention, delicious food).

Thanks dad for visiting, for treating us, and for supporting us. You rock. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, was it a Churrascaria? Mike's dad has promised to take us to one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not shown, but the gentleman with the skewer is wearing a bandanna, and zany gaucho-pants + belt.

    So yes.

    (The restaurant has a location in Sao Paulo that amanda's dad had been to previously.)

    ReplyDelete