Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

My very proud Canadian mother insisted that I get up to watch the royal wedding. It started at 10AM London time, which is 3AM our time. We got up and watched history in our pajamas. We also had some toast with Nutella, because Nutella is the closest thing we have in our house right now to a European/British food (well, I have both earl grey and English breakfast tea, but it's SO HOT OUT, so tea was out of the question).

We don't have cable, so we pulled up two live streams: one on the royal youtube channel (yes, that exists) and one on bbc.co.uk. They showed a lot of the same footage, but at a few key points we got to watch two things at the same time. I decided to snap a few videos, for funsies.

I spent most of the morning on the phone with my mom, checking out all the fancy hats the British diplomats and royal family members were wearing.





Did anyone else get up super early to watch the royal wedding?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely not. But I have been watching excessive assorted reviews and replays! Much better than getting up in middle of night:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I told my mom, originally! But she wouldn't listen. She insisted that I watch history as it happened. It ended up being a fun experience, even if it left me a bit sleep deprived. ^_^

    ReplyDelete