Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Happy Turkey Day everyone! Here are some photos of our little Thanksgiving feast. It was just me, Brandon and my friend Rory from school, so we got a tiny turkey, it was 7lbs. But we ended up with SO MUCH FOOD anyway. Here are the photos!

Making the stuffing!

I wanna tell you a little story about the stuffing, because I was really proud of myself. If you'll remember, I made cookie cutter sandwiches for Halloween. Well, I kept the crusts in the freezer. I cut them into cubes, toasted them and left them out overnight to dry out completely. Then I smushed them with a rolling pin, and combined them with the sauteed vegetables and broth. As it happens, the chicken broth I used was also from scratch. I had some left over in the freezer from last month when I was practicing my broth-making skills. I was so proud of myself for being so thrifty and making this stuffing from scratch that I called my mom to brag. She said she was impressed ^_^

There he is, 7 pounds of delicious dinner waiting to happen!

 Time to stuff the bird!

 Ready to rock!

 Beautiful. 

 My friend Rory brought a few dishes, too, and in the end we had WAY more food than we needed.

 Brandon was eager to unveil the pumpkin pie.

A lovely feast!

We hope everyone had a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment