Monday, November 8, 2010

Sapore's

Brandon and I have been building up a nice list of restaurants that we frequent, but we keep forgetting to review them here on the blog. One of our first goals for this blog was to review restaurants. Perhaps now that we have a better camera, we'll get better at taking pictures when we go out to eat.

Unfortunately, all my photos of Sapore's are from before we got the new camera, so they were taken with my phone. But I'd like to give it a mention anyway. I can post updated photos the next time we go.

Sapore's is a tiny Italian place to the south of us, by the highway. It's a hole-in-the-wall spot. They have 4 tables crammed into the lobby of a takeout-style pizzeria. The pizzas are thin crust and to die for. They're served piping hot, fresh from the oven, absolutely dripping with cheese. They have pasta and other Italian treats - and homemade cannoles and tiramisu for dessert. Yeah. Be jealous. Or, just come to visit us!

The four-cheese pizza, which I'm pretty sure actually had five cheeses. I am NOT complaining.

 And a close-up so you can see all those amazing herbs.

 Amazing homemade cannoles with powdered sugar on top and chocolate chips inside.

We've only been to Sapore's a couple times, but I've found myself specifically craving their pizza and cannoles since then. I also feel I should mention that the cannoles don't have too many chocolate chips. I've had cannoles spoiled by an overdose of chocolate before, but Sapore's knows how to let the creamy filling speak for itself. 
Seriously. Come visit. Let's get some pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment