Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween!

So, Brandon and I got a new camera. We've been playing with the settings and trying to learn how to use it. It has been a fun project.

Let me tell you about our Halloween weekend. On Saturday I had a study party, and I made festive snacks:

 They were all really quick and super fun to make. 

That's cheesy garlic bread shaped like skeleton bones, apple slices with almonds made to look like vampire teeth, chocolate-dipped pretzels with orange sprinkles, pumpkin seeds with garlic, sugar and cayenne and tea sandwiches made with cookie cutters shaped like bats and pumpkins. And of course a cauldron filled with Halloween candy in the background.

I had WAAAAY too much fun with this project. They were all super fast, easy recipes (they had to be, because I needed to save my time for studying) but they made an impression, and they were gone by the end of the evening. 

Brandon and I carved our pumpkin with Texas on one side and Michigan on the other. I thought it would be very appropriate for the blog:

Brandon carved Texas on the first side.

And I did Michigan on the other side.

Voila!

Since we don't have much time for fun lately, the party was actually just a glorified study session with my friends. But we still had fun munching on Halloween-themed snacks while we studied. By the end of the weekend, we were all pretty exhausted. 

It's a study coma AND a chocolate coma!

And my friend Christine thought my M&M costume was so funny, she put it on and wore it all evening while we studied. It was hilarious. 

Whatever floats your boat, Christine.

I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment