Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cocktail Party

I'm not sure if I've told you this before, but I love entertaining. I know, I know. Big surprise there.

So, I invited some friends over and we decided to make a few fancy snacks. I made crostini with tomatoes tossed in extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar and seasoned with fresh garlic and basil, and also some baked provolone with walnuts and oregano, which we then ate over toasted crostini.




But the star of the party was the bar. I made some simple syrup and infused various flavors, including raspberry, mint, cinnamon and lemon zest.


Everyone experimented making drinks by picking something to muddle in the bottom of the glass, then a simple syrup, a liquor, and loooots of shaved ice. We ended up with some fun combinations. 




Drinks we tried include: blackberry-mint-vodka, mint-lemon-tequila, raspberry-cinnamon-amaretto and rasperry-mint-raspberry flavored vodka. It was kind of hard to mess up, pretty much every combination was delicious.

It was a fun theme for a party, I'll definitely have to try it again some time, and branch out with my simple syrup flavors. Brandon and I are finishing out our evening watching the Olympic opening ceremonies.

Have a lovely weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment