Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gini and Will Visited!

I apologize for the delay. It's been a crazy week. Let me finish telling you about the second half of Gini and Will's visit!

On Saturday, we went to the San Antonio Zoo and the Japanese Tea Gardens. Brandon had our camera at the zoo and took approximately 8 billion photos, so I'm just going to pick a handful here, and I'll consider posting the rest on facebook. But seriously, it's a lot.

Gini and I both used our umbrellas all day. It was so very hot out.

Komodo dragon!

Sea horses are such crazy animals. I stood at this tank and stared at them for a good 10 minutes, just mesmerized.

We spent forever in the reptile house. Brandon turns into an 8-year-old boy around lizards.

There were a ton of photos of lizards and snakes,

... but I'll spare you. If you want to see more, I can post them on Facebook.

Everywhere we went, Gini and Will had to do the "turn your penny into a thing" thing. They apparently collect them. It's a really affordable souvenir that doesn't take up a lot of space!

GIANT HIPPOS! TAKING AN UNDERWATER NAP!

Pictures of people.

Pictures of people.

Gini: "Notice we are in the Africa section of the park, and yet these are Asian elephants!"

Most of the animals were hiding in the shade.

This is an okapi. Gini bought a stuffed version in the gift shop, and named it "Okapi the okapi."

I think the heat robbed the kangaroos of all their boingaboinga.

Quick photo opp by the cacti.

They had fans in the gift shop, so I indulged.

Then, dinner! Mexican food again, of course.

One quick shot of the Japanese Tea Gardens, then our camera ran out of battery.

On Sunday and Monday, we went to Schlitterbahn! We brought a waterproof disposable camera with us and took turns carrying it and taking photos, so we actually got quite a few pictures of everyone:
Picture in front of the castle.

Everybody say "Water sliiiiiide!"

Trying not to fall off the crocodile.

The whole group.

Ready? Set, GOOOOOO!

Super pumped. 

Thumbs up action shot!

 Rawk on action shot!
 
In front of the castle... lots of sun in our eyes.

Honestly, Schlitterbahn was AMAZING. It was exhausting, but super duper fun. Back home, my summer tradition is to go to Cedar Point every summer. I've been going since I was 3. Being that Cedar Point is one of the best roller coaster parks in the world, my new summer tradition had big shoes to fill. Conveniently, Schlitterbahn is less than half an hour away from us, and it happens to be one of the best water parks in the world. So, an apt replacement, to say the least.

Seeing Gini and Will again was really nice. Now they need to tell everyone in Kzoo how much fun San Antonio is, so the rest of you guys will come visit us! ^_^

2 comments:

  1. I may need to go to Schlitterbahn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwahahah! No, but seriously, that would be awesome. We could totally be up for that.

    ReplyDelete