Sunday, August 22, 2010

Margaritas

My favorite drink is a vodka martini, dry and dirty. But it's not exactly a summer drink. Most people drink margaritas in the summer. Also, especially because San Antonio is a mainly Mexican city (culturally, I mean) it's a popular drink here. So, Brandon and I decided to embrace this.

Our apartment complex, like most complexes around here, has a pool and a couple barbecues. Food is allowed near the pool, but glass containers aren't. Brandon's first immediate concern upon hearing this rule: We had to buy plastic margarita glasses.

So, we hit up the goodwill.

If we were smart bloggers who plan ahead, we might have gotten a photo of an actual margarita.

We got 4 margarita glasses, a package of martini glasses and a package of wine glasses (all plastic, of course). The green glass is for our toothbrushes, the white bowl with blue handles is to go by the door, for our keys and spare change. The white dish is a soap dish for the bathroom.

We had Christine - a girl from my program at school - over for barbecue and margaritas by the pool yesterday, and we all had a fun, relaxing time. We had never made margaritas before, but they turned out nicely (frankly, I think it's a hard drink to mess up). And I have to say, drinking by the pool is just as luxurious as I had imagined it to be. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment