Friday, August 27, 2010

C'est La Vie - and Also Cha-Cha's

Bad News,

Thursday afternoon we tried to stop into Cafe Nyoshii for late lunch/early evening food. [See Previous post]

Didn't work.
Makes sense now why their telephone number seemed to not work when I rang them on Sunday.

- Anyway,
After some debate we just shot for some random new spot and ended up hitting a snazzy mexican food joint off Wurzbach [cha-chas.com] instead. Fajita plate, beer, flautas & an order of I-dont-recall-what-amanda's-new-colleague-got.

fajita's are my go-to dish.

Not seeing the regular dinner item, I'd initially tried to negotiate a half order of their 20usd fajita's by the pound.

The waitress, initially not understanding I was referencing the by-the-lb item, informed me instead that the plate was so small it wouldn't be worth splitting. I acquiesced. Guacamole & cuts of beef were good but the waitress unfortunately was right re: size of plate.

I am apparently spoiled by mexican joints thirteen hundred miles away that will give you a pile of food for half the expense. Joint was snazzy, though, and it's cool to have a nearby standby eatery that doesnt suck.

Amanda & Christine experienced no such similar crises as mine. 

May be worth coming back for a lunch special or Food Emergency, but I'll still be keeping an eye out for 'the fajita-spot. Some research may be in order, though i think Good barbecue comes first on the eatery-exploring list.

No comments:

Post a Comment