Thursday, February 24, 2011

Valentine's Day/Apartment Fire

Probably not the most encouraging combination of words for the title, but I decided it would be easier to do a joint post. As you probably noticed, I did not keep my promise about regular posting. But I have a good reason! There was a fire in our apartment building. We are now in a new building, all of our belongings are fine (aside from smelling like smoke) and we're slowly moving in.

Our new apartment has the exact same layout as our old one, except there is no fireplace. Brandon is very excited about this, and is on his computer, re-arranging furniture in a virtual birds-eye view of our apartment as I'm typing this. Our belongings are all in boxes and garbage bags, we're slowly taking them out and de-odorizing them as we unpack. It's a lengthy process, but we're making progress.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming, albeit... two weeks late!
Brandon and I didn't do anything exciting on Valentine's day (it was the day after the fire), but in the weeks leading up, we made some adorable heart-shaped food!

I had some cookie dough and red frosting left over from the cookies I made for Chinese New Year for my labmates.


I tried cutting the crusts off these cucumber sandwiches, but it proved difficult, so I settled for a heart-shaped imprint.

That's all for now. Since we're a little more settled now, I'll try to get back to that regular posting schedule I was talking about a few weeks ago. Sorry for the delay!

No comments:

Post a Comment