Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Birthday Cake

For the first time in my life, I made my own birthday cake. I only had to call my mom for advice once!

For reference, here is my mother's version from a few years ago:

I know. It looks like a stock photo. She is a wizard.

And here is my finished product:

Not too shabby, if I do say so myself!

The icing wasn't quite as fluffy as it usually is when my mom makes it, and the cake itself was slightly lopsided:
Maybe it's just a bit sleepy...

And of course the confectioner's sugar didn't turn out as nicely, but that was because I didn't chill the cake first, to firm up the icing. But Brandon and Christine were getting impatient as I was icing the cake, so I had to move quickly!



So, this was my first time ever baking a cake! I'm very happy with how it turned out. And now I have delicious cake in my fridge to last me all week, which is very exciting. ^_^

Here's a couple more shots before I go:

Yummmm.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment