Sunday, November 25, 2012

Channukah Bush

I have some catching up to do, since we've done a few fun things between our trip to Big Bend and Thanksgiving, but for the moment I just want to show off our Channukah decorations, which we just finished putting up.

I decided to try something a little different this year. I put up a Channukah Bush!

It's a real tree. My very first, in fact. 

Quorra was instantly curious. 

While I decorated, Brandon polished the menorah, 

And took artsy photos including both. 


I got decorative dreidels for cheap, they're shiny so they'll reflect the light. I hung a bunch of them around the tree.

 The garland has stars of david and dreidels. It's blue on one side and silver on the other. This was the motif for the whole tree. 

 Quorra loved it more and more as we added more shiny, dangly things...

Gonna have to keep an eye on that.  

Adding a few finishing touches... 

Finished product! 

Close-up. 

 We set up the Menorah the same way we usually do,

But with fancier candles this year, and as always, the Happy Hanukah banner up top. 



We'll be in San Antonio for all of Channukah, then we're flying home for Christmas and New Years. We'll let everyone know what our schedule is when we know it. But for now, it's latkes in Texas again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment